Claims Reporting Instructions
No matter how strong your risk management program, you will unfortunately encounter claims. Accidents do occur and prompt, complete reporting is the first step towards a successful outcome. The more information you can provide when reporting a claim, the sooner an adjuster can respond. When reporting a claim, here are several tips to assist you:
- Report the claim immediately — don’t delay. If this is a serious injury / accident, please be sure to PHONE your claim directly.
- Please do not web report, email or fax claims of this nature.
- Collect as much information as possible regarding the loss, such as date and time, policy numbers, reporting location, parties involved, accident description, type of injury and estimated damages.
- Submit all police reports, estimates, photos and any materials/receipts to the adjuster handling the claim.
- Do not speak with third parties about the claim, do not discuss “fault.”
- When in doubt, please use caution and submit all matters to your carrier.
Gallagher Bassett Services Inc.
PO Box 2934
Clinton, IA 52733-2934
General Liability and Automobile
Gallagher Bassett Services Inc.
Liability Claims Supervisor
Company Nurse Hotline
First Report of Injury Call 24/7
Registration for New Users to the Company Nurse Website
Login for Existing Users of the Company Nurse Website
School Board Legal Liability
Summit Risk / QBE Insurance Corporation
Boiler & Machinery Claims
Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
Claim Service Center
600 Independence Parkway
P.O. Box 4700
Chesapeake, VA 23327-4700
Zevitz Student Accident Insurance Services, Inc. - Neil Zevitz
P.O. Box 2415
Grapevine, TX 76099-2415
(866) 975-9468 (P) (Toll-Free)
(469) 417-1969 (F)
Ironshore Environmental Claims CSO
28 Liberty Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10005
(P) 24-hour Claims Phone Number 888.292.0249
Crisis Response (School Violent Acts):
Crisis Management Resources are provided by Jackson Spalding 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In the event of an INCIDENT, please notify the following persons, on the below list, within 24 hours of the Risk Manager’s or Senior Official’s being made aware of the INCIDENT. Please contact the office number during business hours (9 a.m. ET – 5 p.m. ET) and ask for the name of any person on the below list. If it is after business hours, please contact one of the mobile numbers. An individual is always on call.
- Blair Meeks – 404-214-2271 office, 404-402-9651 mobile
- Caroline Duffy – 404-724-2515 office, 404-713-2984 mobile
- Rachel Tobin – 404-724-2501 office, 404-276-5930 mobile
- Glen Jackson – 404-724-2505 office, 404-944-6491 mobile
- Bo Spalding – 404-724-2510 office, 404-375-9371 mobile
- Eric O’Brien – 404-724-2511 office, 404-550-5388 mobile
- Brian Brodrick – 404-724-2513 office, 404-983-4384 mobile
- Trudy Kremer – 404-724-2518 office, 404-277-3418 mobile
Main Office Phone – 404-742-2500 – www.jacksonspalding.com
Cyber Liability/Identity Theft
24-hour Claims Phone Number 833.229.1647
- General Liability Loss Notice
- Property Loss Notice
- Auto Loss Notice
- WC IL Form 45 Workers Compensation
- WC Supervisor's Report of Incident Investigation
- WC Accident Investigation Report - Employee
- Student Accident Claim Form - Mandatory (English)
- Student Accident Claim Form - Mandatory (Spanish)
- Certificate of Insurance Form
- Download Risk Transfer Manual
- Download Youth Sports Concussion Safety Act - Public Act 099-0245
Request Boiler Inspection
The Chubb Group-Federal Insurance Company is the carrier for the CLIC Boiler & Machinery policy. If your district is due to have the boilers inspected, please have your Building and Grounds Director contact the Chubb Group directly and arrange for a mutually convenient appointment time. Please call Chubb at least 30 days prior to when you want your boiler inspected.
For your convenience, you should contact the following individual:
W. Jason Burns
Inspection Requests and Inspection Services
When calling Jason, just inform him that your district is a member of the Collective Liability Insurance Cooperative and he will have a local engineer contact you to schedule an appointment. If leaving a message, please leave him your name, phone number and your school district number.
If you are requiring a boiler inspection for a new school that was just built, or for new boilers in existing schools, the State of Illinois requires you to contact the State for an inspection. Please contact the State of Illinois, Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal:
Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal
1 035 Adlai Stevenson Drive
Springfield, IL 62703
Also, below is a link to download a list of frequently asked questions regarding the inspection and repair of boiler systems from the State's website. We found this information to be quite helpful in answering many of the questions we often get asked.